Awards and Honors:
2017 American Library Association (ALA) Emerging Leaders Program
2016 International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Congress Fellow
2015 Washington Library Employees (WALE) Outstanding Employee of the Year Award
2014 Washington Library Employees (WALE) Conference Scholarship recipient
Leadership Liberty: Liberty County Community Leadership Initiative Participant. Selected by the Georgia Rural Development Council, in partnership with the University of Georgia’s Fanning Institute for Leadership
Chattahoochee Valley LEADS! Leadership Program
2010 Chattahoochee Valley Libraries Employee of the Year
2010 Salem Press Blog Award Winner, Libraries & Transliteracy, Contributing Author
Committees and Organizations:
Member, Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA) 2015 – Current
Washington Library Association (WLA) 2014 – Current
- Chair Washington Library Employees (WALE) 2016 – 2017
- Vice Chair Washington Library Employees (WALE) 2015 – 2016
- Chair, Washington Library Employees (WALE) Conference Planning Committee 2016
- Washington Library Employees (WALE) Conference Planning Committee: Speakers and Programs Chair 2015
Association of Rural & Small Libraries (ARSL) 2014 – Current
- Washington State Library grant recipient to attend the 2014 ARSL National Conference in Tacoma, WA.
- Member Services Committee, Web Team Member: Tasked with ARSL website migration.
American Library Association (ALA) 2009-2011, 2014 – Current
- Public Library Association (PLA) 2014 – Current
- Programming Librarians Interest Group (PLIG) – Social Media Coordinator 2014
- Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) 2009-2011
- LITA 3D Printing Interest Group 2015-Current
- LITA Transliteracy Interest Group 2010-2011, 2014-Current
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered Round Table (GLBTRT): External Relations 2010-2011
Member, Southeastern Library Association (SELA) 2009-2011
Georgia Library Association (GLA) 2009-2011
- Communications Manager, Professional and Continuing Education 2011
- Planning Team Member, Carterette Series Webinars 2010-2011
- Paraprofessional Round Table 2009
Columbus Area Library Association (CALA) 2007-2011
- Social Media Strategist 2009-2011
The Fine Print:
Statements made are strictly my opinion and do not reflect the opinion or position of any of my employers. As these opinions are my own I reserve the right to update or change them at any time.
I reserve the right to delete any comment at any time.
Emails sent to me regarding blog topics are not confidential and may be posted.